Ice Dam Removal Cost
First, understand that we are the oldest and one of the largest ice removal companies in the United States and no one can remove ice dams faster with steam than then any other Ice Dam Company. It’s easy to find someone cheaper than us on an hourly basis but the job will like cost you more. We don’t screw around. We kick butt from the moment we show up to the moment we leave.
Pricing an ice dam removal job is a tricky business. We do not do on-site estimates. Instead we utilize satellite imagery of your home, data we have gathered over the past 25 years of ice dam steaming and a few answers provided by you about your home to give you a verbal estimate over the phone. Only after the snow has been removed from the affected area can we give you a more solid idea about project timeframe.
What Factors Determine the Cost of my Ice Dam Removal?
The cost of your ice dam removal is related entirely to time. Anyone quoting you a cost without investigating your specific problem is a red flag –beware of hidden costs and fees.
Variables including the height of the work, the roof pitch, outdoor temperatures and the volume of the ice to be removed all factor into how long it takes to steam an ice dam (plus a few other variables). When our crew arrives on site they will consult with you to determine which areas you would like them to focus on. From there it’s a matter of letting the steam doing the work. A general rule of thumb is that a good team can remove 10 to 15 feet of ice dam per hour once they get the equipment set up.
Not removing your ice dam is always an option. However that alternative comes with it’s own potential costs, which are not insignificant: Click here to see common damage caused by Ice Dams & water intrusion.
Why Choose the Ice Dam Company
- We have more experience removing ice dams then anyone in the US. We’ve been doing this for 30 years.
- We only use True Steamers. We don’t tell you they are steamers when they are really hi-temp pressure washers. No triggers.
- We are licensed and insured. Our ice dam technicians are roofers in the off-season. Not landscapers. Not painters, window cleaners or gutter cleaners.
- We don’t have Trip Charges or long minimums. We send a 2-Man crew to each job to make operation as fast, effective and safe as possible.
- We can help you prevent future problems. Not only are we roofers, we are a full-service construction company who knows everything there is to know about home performance. We do insulation and ventilation. We work with insurance companies/claims. We have a sister company that manufactures and sells the best ice dam heat tape on the market.
Ice Dam Removal Policies
Residential Ice Dam Removal Policies
We price our work for steaming ice dams and snow removal the same way we price everything. We are clear, consistent and fair. This is a no BS approach; something you won’t always find in the business of ice dam removal. We have no trip charges. We have hourly minimums. We remove ice dams with steam; the fastest, most effective way to remove ice dams.
Commercial Ice Removal Policies
The cost for commercial snow and ice removal is usually similar to that of residential. Factors such as access, height, size and complexity may increase the cost so please call us for details. Crane rental is not included in our base hourly charge. Please call our office to verify current policies and pricing relating to ice and snow removal and prevention of ice dams. We have performed hundreds of commercial ice steaming projects around the country in the past year.